Monday, June 27, 2011

Arrival in Mumbai

The next two legs of my flight went by pretty quickly. Business class was pretty good since I had a seat that I can manipulate in many different positions, including reclining all the way back to a flat position for sleeping. 

From the moment I boarded, the flight attendant kept handing me drinks (champagne, wine, Baileys, etc.) and food, and he never let my wine glass go empty.

 
The Business Lounge in Frankfurt, Germany, was pretty cool though. They even had Franziskaner beer on tap and even some Jaeger if you wanted a shot! lol



I finally arrived in Mumbai at 1AM on Sunday night/Monday morning and found my driver. They drive like the people in South Africa - on the opposite side of the car on the opposite of the road. No need for lanes. Just flash your lights a bunch of times, pass on whatever side of them, then cut them off right away!

My room is pretty nice. This is so much better than staying in a hostel...especially when it's on someone else's dime!



Luckily I'm not by myself here, or it would be quite lonely. The views from our rooms are quite different. Check them out! .


David's view from room (zoomed in).
I think David got the short end of the stick. lol

I get a view of the pool and lake. No swimming in the lake, unless you want to swim with the crocs!




 

I've only been here about 12 hours so far, but I got a chance to check out the grounds. The pool looks pretty nice. I think I may have to take a snooze here when I get off from work.





1 comment:

  1. poor dave! somehow i don't think he'll be looking at the views, well...mabye from the bar

    ReplyDelete